External Links Disclaimer
The Coroners’ Society of England & Wales (CSEW) is committed to raising awareness of useful organisations from credible sources and we will try to ensure these links are valid and relevant. However the CSEW makes no representations in respect of them and is not responsible for the quality, content, nature, or reliability of ANY hyperlinked site.
- Air Accidents Investigation Branch – part of the Department for Transport responsible for the investigation of civil aircraft accidents and serious incidents within the UK.
- Asbestos.com The Mesothelioma Centre. Free resource
- Association of Anatomical Pathology Technology UK - The AAPT is the professional body for anatomical pathology technologists employed in hospital and public mortuaries.
- British Association for Forensic Odontology - BAFO exists to encourage education and good practice in forensic odontology and recognise, review performance and mentor practitioners in forensic odontology.
- British Association for Human Identification - The Association provides a forum for discussion and promotion of subjects within the domain of human identification.
- British Heart Foundation - The nation's heart charity and the largest independent funder of cardiovascular research.
- “What young adults need to know about high blood pressure”
- Carbon Monoxide Awareness - CO-Awareness is a registered charity that supports the many victims of Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning, their families and friends.
- Cardiac Risk in the Young – works to reduce the frequency of young sudden cardiac death (YSCD). CRY supports young people diagnosed with potentially life-threatening cardiac conditions and offers bereavement support to families affected by YSCD.
- The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences – The CSFS is the professional body representing Forensic Sciences worldwide.
- Chief Medical Officer - The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) acts as the UK government’s principal medical adviser and the professional head of all directors of public health in local government.
- Coping with Death Abroad – Guidance from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office offering practical advice about what to do when a death occurs abroad.
- Coroners’ Officers and Staff Association – COASA is an association for Coroners’ Officers and Coroners’ staff in England and Wales.
- Coroners' Society of England and Wales - Full access to this site is limited to members of the Society who are Coronial Office holders in England and Wales. Corresponding membership is available to judicial office holders who hold equivalent positions elsewhere around the world.
Coroners Court Support Service - for practical and emotional support for an Inquest
Crown Prosecution Service - responsible for prosecuting criminal cases investigated by the police in England and Wales.
Electrical Safety First (founded in 1956, as the Electrical Safety Council).
We create awareness campaigns to avert deaths and injuries in UK homes, caused by electricity.
- General Pharmaceutical Council – The independent regulator for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy premises in Great Britain
- General Register Office - For information on birth, marriage, civil partnership, death, adoption and stillbirth records and registrations as well as guidance on researching your family history and the General Register Office Indexes.
- General Register Office - Certificate ordering service - Office holding a central copy of all registrations for England and Wales
- Her Majesty's Prison Service – Website for HM Prison Service for England and Wales.
- Human Tissue Authority - Regulator of organisations that remove, store and use human tissue.
- Independent Office for Police Conduct - The IPOC oversees the police complaints system in England and Wales and sets the standards by which the police should handle complaints.
- Independent Press Standards Organisation – Organisation handling public complaints on breaches of the Editor’s Code of Practice.
- Interpol – the world’s largest international police organisation whose role is to enable police around the world to work together.
- The Lullaby Trust – Formally the Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths (FSID) - provides specialist support for bereaved families, promotes expert advice on safer baby sleep and raises awareness on sudden infant death.
- Marine Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB) –Examines and investigates all types of marine accidents to or on board UK ships worldwide, and other ships in UK territorial waters.
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency – Regulates medicines, medical devices and blood components for transfusion in the UK.
- Mesothelioma Hope we provide free educational resources, support, and information to anyone that may have questions about asbestos-related diseases.
- Ministry of Justice Guide to Coroner Services and Coroner Investigations - The ‘Guide to Coroner services' is primarily for bereaved people but others involved in or affected by a coroner investigation or attending a coroner’s inquest may also find it helpful.
- Missing People – UK charity specialising in and dedicated to bringing missing children and adults back together with their families.
Murdered Abroad – UK peer support charity which works with families bereaved through murder/manslaughter abroad. PArt of this work involves providing advice and support around the inquest when the body has been repatriated to England and Wales.
- National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome and Death – aims to maintain and improve standards of care for adults and children by reviewing management.
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence – NICE provides national guidance and advice to improve health and social care.
- Office of the Chief Coroner - The Chief Coroner, an office created by the Coroners and Justice Act 2009, is head of the coroner system, assuming overall responsibility and providing national leadership for coroners in England and Wales.
- Office for National Statistics – ONS is the recognised national statistical institute for the UK.
- Press Complaints Commission – Advice for the public if facing media attention following death.
- Prison and Probation Ombudsman - The Prisons and Probation Ombudsman (PPO) carries out independent investigations into deaths and complaints in custody.
- The Royal British Legion Inquest Advice – offers support through the process of an inquiry and inquest after a bereavement.
- Royal College of General Practitioners – The professional membership body and guardian of standards for family doctors in the UK, working to promote excellence in primary healthcare.
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health – The professional membership body aiming to transform child health through knowledge, innovation and expertise.
- Royal College of Pathologists - a professional membership organisation with charitable status, concerned with all matters relating to the science and practice of pathology.
- Royal College of Surgeons – The professional membership organisation and registered charity representing surgeons in the UK and abroad advancing surgical standards and improving care for patient.